Multimedia Designer (Sr. Associate)
Arlington, VA • External Engagement • Posted 03/03/2023
WHO WE ARE
Rooted in community for more than 40 years, Communities In Schools (CIS) strives to bring community resources inside public schools, where they are accessible, coordinated, and accountable. Founder Bill Milliken said, “It’s relationships, not programs, that change children. A great program simply creates the environment for healthy relationships to form between adults and children. Young people thrive when adults care about them on a one-to-one level, and when they also have a sense of belonging to a caring community.”
CIS programs are conducted annually throughout the United States, serving 2,900 schools; 1.61M students with over 11,000 community volunteers and 117 CIS affiliate organizations across the country. Their programs for students include providing needs assessments, support teams with corresponding plans to address academic and non-academic needs, delivery of multiple tiers of support for both students and families, progress monitoring and evaluation and assessment with parents and student support systems.
MISSION AND VALUES
Communities In Schools (CIS), is “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, CIS collaborates with local affiliate organizations to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, and we achieve our mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who demonstrate a passion for what they do.
CIS also holds the following talent beliefs:
- Every staff member is passionate and committed to the mission.
- As a National Office, CIS employees have a responsibility to live our values and integrate principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across the organization and lead by example.
- In turn, CIS is committed to continuously improving decision making, incentivizing creativity, and building engagement and we do this by building a diverse workforce, fostering a climate of inclusion, and shaping business practices and policies that promote equity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Multimedia Designer, a member of the Marketing & Communications team, will produce and assist in production of marketing materials including print, digital, animation, and video assets to communicate CIS’s mission and enhance visual brand consistency across the organization. The Multimedia Designer will report to the Creative Director.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create compelling visuals for variety of media including but not limited to flyers, brochures, publications, presentations, web graphics, signage, and social media graphics.
- Perform video editing and create motion graphics.
- Design engaging and high-quality marketing assets while adhering to CIS brand guidelines.
- Participate in meetings to generate new ideas and enhance the existing materials.
- Develop, update, and enhance templates for print and digital marketing materials to support CIS network.
- Assist in work with vendors to produce print and video assets.
- Assist on management of photo and video libraries.
- Research and implement design standards and new trends.
- Design logos and infographics.
- Develop and execute concepts for seasonal campaigns and events.
You are enthusiastic, intellectually curious, and mission driven Multimedia Designer with a strong portfolio of the previous related work. You enjoy learning, strive for excellence, and love creating compelling, clean, and high-quality designs that make a difference.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree or higher in graphic design, communication design, fine arts, or related field.
- Minimum of three-four years of relevant work experience and solid portfolio will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong portfolio of the previous related work including print, digital, animation, and video projects.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro, and After Effects.)
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge in Canva.
- Exceptionally detail oriented.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in team environment.
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly transition between multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, accept feedback, and use expertise to suggest changes and offer new ideas.
Less than 10%
CIS staff continue to work in a virtual environment; however, the national office is open and available for staff to use as appropriate.
To ensure the health and safety of staff and job applicants, all interviews will be conducted by phone and/or video conference.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission!
Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Five weeks of Paid Time Off
- Generous 403b Retirement Savings Plan contribution
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 90% of employee health care premiums paid by the organization
- Summer Work Schedule and Winter Break
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term income replacement programs, and much, much more!
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. CIS prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For more information on Communities In Schools please visit our website.
$53,600 -- $72,900
Are You #AllinforKids?
Join our community of changemakers and stay connected with us!
Learn more about the work Communities In Schools is doing to empower and equip every student to take on and tear down the barriers that stand between them and an equitable path to education.