Sr. Specialist, Microsoft 365 Admin
Arlington, VA • Operations • Posted 02/02/2024
WHO WE ARE
Rooted in community for more than 40 years, Communities In Schools (CIS) strives to bring community resources inside public schools, where they are accessible, coordinated, and accountable. Founder Bill Milliken said, “It’s relationships, not programs, that change children. A great program simply creates the environment for healthy relationships to form between adults and children. Young people thrive when adults care about them on a one-to-one level, and when they also have a sense of belonging to a caring community.”
CIS programs are conducted annually throughout the United States, serving 3,270 schools; 1.8M students with over 15,000 community volunteers and 118 CIS affiliate organizations across the country. Their programs for students include providing needs assessments, support teams with corresponding plans to address academic and non-academic needs, delivery of multiple tiers of support for both students and families, progress monitoring and evaluation and assessment with parents and student support systems.
MISSION AND VALUES
Communities In Schools (CIS) is “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, CIS collaborates with local affiliate organizations to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, and we achieve our mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who demonstrate a passion for what they do.
CIS also holds the following talent beliefs:
- Every staff member is passionate and committed to the mission.
- As a National Office, CIS employees have a responsibility to live our values and integrate principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across the organization and lead by example.
- In turn, CIS is committed to continuously improving decision making, incentivizing creativity, and building engagement. We do this by building a diverse workforce, fostering a climate of inclusion, and shaping business practices and policies that promote equity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Microsoft 365 Administrator to join our growing IT team to help identify and deliver infrastructure efficiencies and enhancements to enhance business operations.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of Microsoft 365 suite, including Exchange, SharePoint, Azure, Intune, Active Directory (hybrid and Azure AD), and MDM, along with strong cloud-based networking skills. This role requires a proactive individual who can manage, configure, and maintain our Microsoft 365 environment, endpoints, and integrated technologies to ensure optimal performance, security, and user productivity.
Please note: The ideal candidate will be local to the national office however consideration will be given to remote candidates who fully meet the criteria for this role.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the lead administrator for Microsoft 365 services, ensuring optimal functionality and support across Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, and Teams.
- Identify opportunities for system improvements by conducting regular assessments and evaluations of existing processes, workflows, and technologies. Lead the implementation of approved changes and roll them out to the organization.
- Prioritize configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of user accounts, licenses, permissions, and policies.
- Configure and manage email through Exchange Online, troubleshooting/resolving issues, and implementing security enhancements.
- Lead the administration of SharePoint, inclusive of:
- Configuring and deploying custom new sites and services based on business need.
- Implement and manage workflows and integrations.
- Conduct regular audits and implement necessary controls and maintenance.
- Lead the administration of OneDrive and Teams, inclusive of:
- Configure and manage collaboration within the organization.
- Implement policies usage and compliance.
- Leverage security and compliance tools to proactively identify and resolve performance issues and security vulnerabilities.
- Ensure Microsoft 365 services and endpoints are up to date with the latest patches and security updates while ensuring accuracy in asset management systems.
- Monitor backup and recovery processes across cloud-based systems, troubleshooting issues when identified.
- Implement and maintain MDM and Intune policies for enterprise mobility and secure device management.
- Uphold student data security protocols and practices to safeguard organizational data and networks through data loss prevention configurations and PII scanning.
- Collaborate with the managed service provider to assist in maintaining the organization's network physical infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Manage, maintain, and support queries for the Single Sign On platform (Okta), including issues related to application authentication, active directory integration, and user provisioning.
- Support the integration of Microsoft 365 with other business applications and/or processes.
- Develop and manage detailed system documentation and share insights with both peers and end-users.
- Spearhead initiatives to maximize the organization's utilization of Microsoft 365's suite of tools.
- Collaborate with diverse teams, offering technical expertise for system infrastructure projects.
- Stay up to date with the latest Microsoft 365 features and updates, recommending and implementing improvements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability desired in a candidate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills & qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years' experience in Information Technology, application or infrastructure administration.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Microsoft 365 enterprise administration.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Azure, Intune, Active Directory, OneDrive, and MDM.
- Proven ability to administer and manage SharePoint.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (presentation, verbal, written), including the ability to explain and "sell" the program goals and objectives to the business, as well as technical leadership.
- High level of project management, change management, and reporting including experience with the full Software implementation lifecycle.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong third-party vendor management skills, preferably including SaaS application vendor and cloud service providers.
- High level of organizational business understanding to proactively assess and provide comprehensive technology solutions across departments.
- A high level of empathy and the ability to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of temperaments and personalities.
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with all stakeholders including the technology team, business leaders, and external vendors/consultants.
- Commitment to learning new systems and technologies.
- Hands-on experience with networking and security principles.
- Basic scripting and development skills using PowerShell.
- Microsoft 365 administration certifications.
- RMM Experience.
- SSO management experience, preferably through Okta.
10%. This includes CIS national meetings, training, and retreats.
CIS staff continue to work in a virtual environment; however, the national office is open and available for staff to use as appropriate.
To ensure the health and safety of staff and job applicants, all interviews will be conducted by phone and/or video conference.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission!
Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Five weeks of Paid Time Off
- Generous 403b Retirement Savings Plan contribution
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 90% of employee health care premiums paid by the organization
- Summer Work Schedule and Winter Break
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term income replacement programs, and much, much more!
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. CIS prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For more information on Communities In Schools please visit our website.
$85,575 - $104,475
Are You #AllinforKids?
Join our community of changemakers and stay connected with us!
Learn more about the work Communities In Schools is doing and help us set students up for success in the classroom and beyond.