Are you passionate about creating an environment for students to succeed? Do you have what it takes to build and nurture school community relationships for the delivery of services to students, parents, and school staff? Then, Communities In Schools of Ohio wants YOU! We're looking for Reengagement Coordinators in Central Ohio.
Communities In Schools OverviewMaking a difference in the lives of students since 1993, CIS of Ohio works IN schools to ensure students have the resources they need. Our mission is to surround students with a community of support to empower them to succeed in school and in life, despite immediate and systemic barriers. Visit our website at www.ciskids.org. CIS of Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Making a difference in the lives of students since 1993, CIS of Ohio works IN schools to ensure students have the resources they need.
- We provide non-academic assistance helping with basic needs like healthcare, nutrition or clothing so young people are better prepared to learn.
- We work hard to help students achieve in areas including attendance, academics, behavior, and social-emotional learning.
- We provide one-on-one mentoring instilling the confidence to succeed, the belief that education creates opportunity, and setting the expectation for success.
- We work across the community to identify and access resources to support students, families, and schools.
- We work to ensure children have a supportive home life, increase parent-school involvement, and help parents access the services they need.
- We help students build leadership and life skills, explore college and career options, and understand how their education is connected to their financial future.
- We take students on college visits and link students to career experiences and internships.
Essential Competencies of the Successful Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field required with related advanced degree preferred.
- LISW, LSW, LPC, LPCC, or PCC highly preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience working with at-risk populations and in cross-cultural environments.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be flexible.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, adaptable, collaborative, organized, and compassionate.
- Proven ability to set priorities and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a school setting preferred.