20 Questions in 60 Seconds is our new blog series in which we interview Communities In Schools staff members. Today's guest is Onita Terrell, Office Manager of Communities In Schools National Office. Onita recently celebrate 30 years of service with the organization. Congratulations Onita!
1. What three traits define you?
Kind hearted, Generous, Courageous
2. What is your personal philosophy?
To treat everyone the way you want to be treated.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
My family and friends.
4. What are you listening to/reading these days?
I listen to gospel music and oldies.
5. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
Losing my dear sweet momma.
6. What is the one thing you cannot resist? (food/dessert/candy/etc.)
7. What is your greatest fear?
Never getting married.
8. Where is your favorite place to be?
In the Caribbean and CIS!
9. What is your favorite thing to do?
Cook and entertain people.
10. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
Jamaica for my 30th birthday.
11. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
Peoples Drug Store; don’t ask why!
12. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My mother and my sisters.
13. What’s the coolest (or most important) trend you see today?
14. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
Casinos in Maryland.
15. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
I would open up a restaurant.
16. You’re hosting a dinner party. Who are the 3 people, living or dead, who you would invite and why?
Jesus because he is my savior, Amber my daughter and my mother because I miss having my morning phone calls with her.
17. What would you serve?
18. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
I would to be a singer for a day.
19. What advice do you have for kids who are struggling in school?
Stay in school no matter what is going on in their life.
20. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Listen to your parents more.
Do you have a question for Onita? Post it in the comment box below and she'll reply back to you.