20 Questions in 60 Seconds is our blog series in which we interview Communities In Schools staff members. This week's guest is Daniel Green, Site Coordinaor, CIS of MidAmerica.
1. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
My two older brothers
2. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
Wow so many good songs to choose from. "I believe I can fly", "Its so hard to say goodbye to yesterday", "God did it all for me", "Fantasy" by Earth Wind and Fire.
3. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Learn to do art and draw. And cook.
4. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Probably pay off debt and then find a way to invest some of it, take my wife shopping, and then set college funds for my kids.
5. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Try to relax and listen to music, or make some calls to family back home in California.
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would love to visit Eurpoe, but skip the long flight! LOL
7. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
I would say dealing with the death of my mother really has made me a much stronger person.
8. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
Received- my children. Given- hard to say, I'm not great at gifts.
9. What is something you learned in the last week?
It's not about me all the time.
10. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
Outdoor activity would be coaching Football, Indoor activity is watching Basketball games on television.
11. At what age did you become an adult?
I would say when I married my wife 10 years ago.
12. What three traits define you?
Outgoing, dependable, respectable.
13. What is your personal philosophy?
Treat others the way you want to be treated. Live your life for you and the ones who depend on you.
14. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
I used to go to the movies and just write down what previews they showed, and I would have to report that everyday.
15. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
Coaching Professional Football
16. What advice do you have for kids who are struggling in school?
Just stick with it, give it your best, and find someone you can talk to when you are struggling.
17. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Take your academics more seriously. Be more motivated to get things done.
18. How do you define success?
Having a goal and having a relentless pursuit of that goal, no matter how tough it is, that is success, because you didn't give up.
19. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I am an ordained minister and served as a youth pastor for several years before moving to Salina, Kansas.
20 What is your favorite thing about working at Communities In Schools?
Just being an immediate resource for the students.