Media Contact: Steve Majors | MajorsS@cisnet.org | 703.835.2125
Communities In Schools Announces Agenda and Speakers for
Virtual Leadership Town Hall
Communities In Schools® (CIS), the national organization that works in schools and beyond the classroom empowering all students to stay in school and on a path to a brighter future, today announced the agenda for its Leadership Town Hall Conference. The virtual event will be held Sept. 15 –17.
Leadership Town Hall serves as an opportunity for the CIS network to come together with education thought leaders, policy makers and school practitioners to discuss solutions that address both the academic and nonacademic needs of students. Communities In Schools leaders also share best practices, engage in professional development and celebrate the accomplishments of our network, staffers and partners.
Featured topics include:
• Reengagement: The Key to Equitable Learning and the Critical Role of CIS
• Charity or Justice: A Storytelling Framework for Engaging Stakeholders around Data and Equity
• Activating Student & Alumni Voice
• Youth Serving Organization Voice in Social Justice
• Using Data to Build Strong, Sustainable Budgets
• Lessons for Leadership in the Time of Covid19
Featured speakers include:
• CIS National President and CEO Rey Saldaña
• Fmr. U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan
• President Emerita Spelman College, Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum
• Author and Motivational Speaker, Dr. Elizabeth Lombardo
News updates can be found by following @cisnational on Twitter with the hashtag #AllInForKids.
About Communities In Schools
Communities In Schools (CIS) is the nation’s largest organization dedicated to empowering at-risk students to stay in school and on a path to a brighter future. Working directly inside more than 2,500 schools across the country, we connect kids to caring adults and community resources designed to help them succeed. We do whatever it takes to ensure that all kids—regardless of the challenges they may face—have what they need to realize their potential.
Are You #AllinforKids?
Join our community of changemakers and stay connected with us!
Learn more about the work Communities In Schools is doing to empower and equip every student to take on and tear down the barriers that stand between them and an equitable path to education.