Community Matters Report 2018
The 2018 Community Matters Report outlines the accomplishments of Communities In Schools (CIS) during the 2016-2017 school year with a focus on chronic absenteeism. It includes data on the percentage of students who were promoted from one grade to another, graduated from high school or otherwise improved their performance. It also includes projections for how CIS is serving more students in the current school year to ensure even more kids receive their diplomas. The stories of site coordinators like Najee and students like DeeAndra bring this report to life, illustrating the CIS effect beyond the numbers.
Key findings among our case-managed students include:
- 99 percent stayed in school
- 78 percent improved attendance
- 88 percent improved their academics
- 93 percent graduated or received a GED
- 94 percent were promoted to the next grade